It was cup week again this week for the majority of the Hitchin Sunday League clubs with fixtures in three different competitions.

The first round of the Beds Sunday Junior Cup saw Arlesey Town beaten 2-1 at Luton Phoenix.

Division Two side Khoi Khoi had a tough game at home against Division One side Fairfield Park in the second round of the Carl Couzens Challenge Cup and it was the higher league side that went through winning 4-1.

An all Division One clash between St Ippolyts and Chells Rovers ended with a 7-0 win for the latter.

They are joined by another Division One side in the next round, although Atletico 99 were indebted to goalkeeper Brad Heaps for the victory over Troll Campbell from Division Two.

The match had finished 1-1 in normal time, Milo Keane the scorer, but Heaps came up big with three saves in the shoot-out before scoring Atletico's fifth pen.

GSS got one of the shocks of the round as the Division Two side beat Division One Buffs 5-0.

They took an 11th minute lead through Kieran Klimek's thunderbolt, assisted by Ben Clark, but it was the second half before they ran away with the game.

Laurence Hicham claimed the second while Harison Ahern-Farebrother and Klimek again made it 4-0.

The fifth was a special one, scored by Rikki Ferraroni for his long awaited first competitive GSS goal.

The game also saw Jamie Burbury make his 100th appearance for the club.

Two of the title contenders in Division One faced each other in the form of Coach & Horses and FC St Johns.

The teams could only be separated by one goal with the Horses winning 3-2.

AC Malone from Division One had an easy win in their home tie against Division Two side North Herts Hatters, running out to a 9-1 success.

Riley Saward (two), Will Payne (two), Tyrone Brooks, Lewis Archer, Callum Rodgers, Jenson Martin and an own goal sent them through.

There was another all Division One tie between The Cock and Sandon with the home side going through following a 2-1 victory.

In the first round of the George John Cup, FC Kings and Almond Tree, both from Division Two, met each other in what turned out to be an eight-goal thriller.

Almond Tree progressed with a 5-3 win.

FC Inter Malone from Division Two were at home to Squirrel Taverners, also from Division Two.

In a competitive game the deadlock was broken when Inter Malone scored a great first goal and a penalty doubled their lead.

Squirrel tried to claw their way back into the game but a third from Inter secured the win.

Lea Sports PSG faced fellow Division Two side The Albion and won 6-1 while a third Division Two side, Hitchin Rovers, beat Division One Ashwell 3-0.

Kimpton had their first win of the season coming out 2-1 victors against fellow Division Two side Feed Up Warm Up.

There were also two league games played.

In Division One Engineers Arms moved up to second place with a 2-1 win at home against FC Emperors Head.

The final game of the day saw Saint Evenage suffer their first league defeat of the season losing 3-1 at home against Stotfold Juniors in Division Two.



Results (November 6)

Beds Sunday Junior Cup first round: Luton Phoenix 2 Arlesey Town 1.

Carl Couzens Challenge Cup second round: Khoi Khoi 1 Fairfield Park 4; St Ippolyts 0 Chells Rovers 7; Atletico 99 1 Troll Campbell 1 (Atletico win 3-2 after pens); GSS 5 Buffs 0; Coach & Horses 3 FC St Johns 2; AC Malone 9 North Herts Hatters 1; The Cock 2 Sandon 1.

George John Cup first round: FC Kings 3 Almond Tree 5; FC Inter Malone 3 Squirrel Taverners 0; Lea Sports PSG 6 The Albion 1; Ashwell 0 Hitchin Rovers 3; Feed Up Warm Up 1 Kimpton 2.

Hitchin Sunday League Division One: Engineers Arms 2 FC Emperors Head 1.

Hitchin Sunday League Division Two: Saint Evenage 1 Stotfold Juniors 3.