The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up Dun Cow are into the semi-finals of the Herts Sunday Senior Cup after victory at Ashlyns United. The same side were beaten two season ago when Cow carried off the trophy 5-3. Oakview await them, who wer

The Comet Stevenage Sunday Football League round-up

Dun Cow are into the semi-finals of the Herts Sunday Senior Cup after victory at Ashlyns United.

The same side were beaten two season ago when Cow carried off the trophy 5-3. Oakview await them, who were 5-1 winners over Stevenage Fencing in an earlier round.

Glen Draper and Danny McIver put the Cow through at the weekend.

In a twice-postponed KLM Challenge Cup second round tie, Jim Bywater (two) and Marvin Bates netted as Stevenage Fencing beat Sporting.

They now meet ProCladd, who were awarded the result in the last round due to Fox (who had won the game 5-1) signing on a player pre-match, which is well inside the 14-day deadline.

Breachwood Lions set up a Division Two Cup semi-final meeting with King Pin United after seeing off Triage. Ian Canning, Ali Collins and John Harvey grabbed the goals, Jim McGarry replying.

Bottles suffered a dent in their Premier Division title aspirations, Jamie Drackford's goal not enough as Alex Headington was on target again for Bedwell Athletic, for whom Golden Boot leader Joel Mason netted the winner from the penalty spot for his 24th league goal.

The outcome of Clifton's withdrawal is still to be settled, so the league table may change if their record is expunged.

In the meantime, Nirankari Sports Sabha are the new leaders thanks to goals from Ben l'honore (two), Ricky Case and an own goal. Terry Pateman grabbed Royal Oak's consolation.

The Broadhall pack was reshuffled due to injury but the replacements were in the news for different reasons.

Dan Miller was handed the task of filling Shaun McDermott's boots and obliged with a terrific hat-trick.

Raj Bachra also netted his first goal for the club as he filled plugged a midfield, while Nick Barkley returned to the side and promptly faced a red card.

Ross Woodbridge opened the scoring from the spot, his 15th goal of the season.

Hermit of Redcoats pulled one back while three down, however, soon found themselves down to 10 men too. An outburst a minute from time would have seen Hermit's second red card, until the player saved the referee the trouble by voluntarily walking off the pitch!

In Division One, FCFL jumped back into fourth spot after a hard-fought win over inconsistent MBDA.

Michael Bunker's penalty opened the scoring for FCFL before Wayne Campbell's terrific strike levelled matters.

Dan Gregory scored a terrific solo goal to put them back in front but Campbell restored parity again.

A fantastic strike from the impressive Lee Allinson won it as his shot from 25 yards flew in off the post.

Division Two leaders Coopers maintained their charge. Brad Harrison quashed RD Newcotech's ambitions when he latched on to a Gav Acton ball.

RD held out well until just after half-time when Steve Harris pounced on a loose ball in the area to net.

Supersub Jason Lovelock hit a superb individual strike to net, then scored again, before completing his hat-trick.

SBS pulled off a surprise result. Luke Mitchell (two), Paul Bryant (two), Michael Hatch, Kologo Richards and Alan Green were on target against King Pin United. James Wyatt, with two tap-ins, and a Danny Lingwood 25-yard free-kick netted for them.

Gary Hillard completed a unique feat of scoring a hat-trick of penalties as White Diamond Security beat Marquis of Lorne, Ashley Reynolds also netted.

It is still a three-horse race as Station were awarded the points as ProCladd turned up with six players.

Broadhall Res put the pressure on Division Three leaders Hogshead as Jason Aldridge (two), Steve Teale, Alan Widdows and Ben Courtney netted against North Herts Celtic, Scott McGuire and Keith Parker scoring.

Granby St George are a point behind the leaders in third after a Craig Longman double (one a penalty) and James Harrod saw off Hen and Chickens, who had led through Paul Jones' strike at half-time.

More Joneses on the scoresheet as MBDA Res won an 11-goal thriller against AFC Stevenage to stay fifth.

Their scorers were Hayden Jones (hat-trick), Dave Byatt (two), Daemon Lee and Adam Priest, while AFC replied through Terry Lock (two, including a penalty), Luke Jones and Lewis McLean.

Jason Butler and Lee Pomroy were on target as White Horse grabbed an unlikely point. Sean Soards and Lee Stevens were on target for Pin Green, who still look well-placed for a title push.

Simon Paige, a trademark header from Tel Clark, a delicious 25-yarder from man of the match Joe Dance and an own goal saw Mallard home in the Invitation Cup against Newman, for whom Ben Dance added to the handicap goal.

Norwich Union built on the wins over Rising Sun and FCFL by beating Rileys. They took the lead when Dave Banks finished from Craig Dillnutt's pass. Rileys equalised when James Khakpour-Smith pounced. Banks restored the lead and Union wrapped it up in the final minutes when Ed Holloway finished clinically from 18 yards.

* Compiled by Darren Statto Jones