Langford Ladies walked tall despite exiting the FA Women s Cup at the fifth round stage on Sunday. They were beaten 4-0 by an Everton Ladies side containing seven England internationals in front of great support at Herns Lane, Welwyn Garden City. Langford

Langford Ladies walked tall despite exiting the FA Women's Cup at the fifth round stage on Sunday.

They were beaten 4-0 by an Everton Ladies side containing seven England internationals in front of great support at Herns Lane, Welwyn Garden City.

Langford took the attack to Everton straight from the kick-off when Faye Rees forced England keeper Rachel Brown into a save inside the first minute.

Rees was soon in action again when she beat Brown to a through ball only for a covering defender to clear the goalbound effort.

Nikki Day nearly caught out Brown with a free-kick over the wall which was just tipped over as it headed for the top corner. The visitors started to settle and had a couple of attempts at goal which went wide.

Langford's forwards, Rees and Naomi Lyon, were getting in behind the Everton defence but were unable to find a clear opportunity.

Everton found Langford keeper Verity Crook in superb form as she pulled off a number of excellent saves whenever they beat the defence marshalled by the outstanding Sheree Oliver.

Five minutes before the break, Everton took the lead when Kelly McDougall found space at the far post to finish a cross from Langford's left.

The second half started much the same as the first with Langford on the front foot.

Rees, Lyon and Emma Tune all had chances and Everton were limited to shots from distance.

England midfielder Fara Williams started to become more influential as the half progressed and Langford's opportunities became restricted.

Lyon had a chance to square the scores when she found Brown stranded but shot over moments before Jody Handley scored Everton's second on 70 minutes with a shot high into the net.

Williams pounced on a poor clearance to score the third soon after with a well-placed shot from the edge of the box.

And Williams added the fourth with the last kick of the tie from a free-kick to give her side a flattering margin of victory.

Langford: Crook, Day, Oliver, Bailey, Styles (White 71m), Tune, Betts, Bright, Forster (Shearwood 78m), Lyon (McGuigan 78), Rees.

Hitchin Hearts won a seven-goal thriller to reach the final of the League Cup.

Hearts opened the scoring at home to Leverstock Green in the first minute with a close range shot from Laura Wilkie.

But then they shot themselves in the foot by conceding an equaliser within a minute.

The home side went close several times, Paula Hawkins unlucky not to get her first goal of the season, before top scorer Becky Saunders netted directly from a free-kick.

Once again Leverstock came back and levelled before they themselves took the lead just before half time.

Saunders, having seen a couple of attempts charged down, tried her luck again with a lob from well outside the box to level the scores by the interval.

Leverstock looked the stronger side at the start of the second half but after about 10 minutes, Hearts regained their composure and the battle for the final got into full swing.

Goalkeeper Mel Sayer made a couple of good saves before hotshot Saunders completed another hat-trick for the Hearts, rounding her marker on the right of the box before beating the keeper with a dipping angled shot.

There were chances to score at both ends, Wilkie denied a headed goal by the crossbar and Laura Ravenscroft and Hawkins both going close.

The girls worked hard for their victory and deserve to be in their first final after five years of playing together.

Arlesey Town Ladies took one of the few chances offered to them to win by a single goal at Huntingdon Town.

Huntingdon edged the game on possession but were unable to get a proper chance on goal due to a great defensive performance led by sweeper Libby Pennett.

Neither side created a great chance in the first half and the game developed into a midfield battle.

Arlesey started the second half well and applied some pressure on the Huntingdon goal. This led to a corner taken by Annemieker Smit which was met by a Karen Walker header which hit the bar and behind for a goal kick.

After more scrappy midfield play, Arlesey scored the winner.

Pennett was pushed up into midfield and within minutes she sent Mia Price clean through.

Price kept her composure and slotted the ball home under the keeper who was coming out of her goal.

Their second team won their second match in a row to take them off the bottom of the league when they beat Luton Borough 3-1 at home.

Two goals on her debut by Emily Whiting and a stunning free-kick by player of the match Axelle Courlander secured three points.

Nikki Mander was taken to hospital with pulled knee ligaments but she hopes to be back in action soon.