Twenty minutes of madness at the end of an enthralling game at St John s Road saw title contenders PJ Hitchin blow a three-goal lead. They ended up with just a point against AEK Letchworth, all but ending their title chances in the process. AEK remain in

Twenty minutes of madness at the end of an enthralling game at St John's Road saw title contenders PJ Hitchin blow a three-goal lead.

They ended up with just a point against AEK Letchworth, all but ending their title chances in the process.

AEK remain in the hunt, but will now need Kcinsatop and Red Star to slip up if they are to make it to the summit. Martin Wright, Micky Smith and Graham Dove were the players with the stamina to bring about the AEK comeback.

Red Star ICL beat Crown Stotfold in a hard-fought encounter at St Michaels in difficult conditions. Two-goal Shaun Turner and an own goal helped Red Star to a 3-1 win.

Whitwell gave Kcinsatop a tough game but succumbed eventually to a 2-0 defeat.

At the other end of the table, a Simon Buck penalty and Paul Lamont strike could not stop AC Malone falling to a 4-2 loss at Cannon, Mick Jones, Chris Gilroy and Simon Umney (two) on target for Cannon.

Angels Reply proved too strong for bottom of the table Cannon Res in?Division One and romped to an impressive 8-0 victory, Gavin Stevens (four), Jay Norris (two), Alex Byrne and Glenn Stuart all on target.

Baldock Engine maintained their title challenge after a 4-2 win at home to Chequers Stotfold, Lee Smith and Pete Saunders scoring for Chequers.

The Park thrashed HTS Barleycorn Res 5-1, while SMU got back in action after their administration problems were resolved, but could not do so with a win as they lost 2-1 to Whitwell Res, Tommy Farrelly and Jason Khangura scoring.

Just one game took place in Division Two and Dynamo Letchworth will be happy with the point that keeps them clear of the relegation zone, their game with Radcliffe Arms finishing 2-2. Alex Thompson scored both Radcliffe goals.

Shillington Sunday and Green Man Ickleford took part in the day's only Third Division encounter.

The Shills came out on top winning 6-0 and consolidating their place in second behind Operation Swordfish, Eddie Fannon netted a treble to go with goals from Mark Smith, Ryan Humphrey and James Mason.

In the George John Memorial Trophy, Offley Parish were eliminated against 10-man Operation Swordfish, Ryan Aldrin scoring both goals in a 2-1 win for Swordfish.

In the Division One Cup, Kcinsatop Res beat Wanderers 4-3 to move into the semis where they will play Angels Reply.

In the Division Two Cup, Ocean's Eleven were left stunned after Shillington equalised Alex Taylor's goal in the final minute of regulation time to take the match into extra time.

Just as the game seemed destined to be settled by the taking of spot-kicks, Shillington nicked the winner in injury time.

Four games took place in the Subsidiary Cup. In group one, Broadmead beat Paynes Park 4-2 with goals from Steven Young (two), Scott Fields and Matt Furness. Brian Humphries and Anton Samuels scored for Paynes Park.

The Phoenix put in one of the performances of the season as the side three off the bottom in Division Three took on Premier Division HTS Barleycorn and stunned them by winning 2-1. Cameron Brawley and Ian Hutchison were the Phoenix players that fired the team to victory.

In group two, Jackmans Jackdaws kept up their 100 per cent record with a 4-0 win at North Herts Hatters.

Wilbury secured their first win of 2008 after an epic tussle with Walsworth. Wilbury took the lead courtesy of Dan Rose, Walsworth pegged them back and went in front after goals from Winston Brooks and Zaine Shields. A goal of the season contender from Rhett Monahan and then a Mike Everett goal ensured Wilbury finished the game as victors.

* All the latest news and views from the league can be found at

Please supply details of your team's goalscorers each week to have them included in The Comet. Either send an email to or text 07867 839458.

Copy deadline is Monday at 5pm, so please ensure all details are sent across before lunchtime on that day.


Sunday, February 3

Premier Division: Cannon 4 AC Malone 2, Red Star ICL 3 Crown Stotfold 1, Whitwell 0 Kcinsatop 2, PJ Hitchin 3 AEK Letchworth 3.

Division One: Angels Reply 8 Cannon Res 0, Baldock Engine 4 Chequers Stotfold 2, HTS Barleycorn Res 1 The Park 5, SMU 1 Whitwell Res 2.

Division Two: Dynamo Letchworth 2 Radcliffe Arms 2.

Division Three: Green Man Ickleford 0 Shillington Sunday 6.

George John Memorial Trophy, round one: Offley Parish 1 Operation Swordfish 2.

Division One Cup, round two: Wanderers 3 Kcinsatop Res 4.

Division Two Cup, round one: Ocean's Eleven 1 Shillington 2.

Subsidiary Cup, group one: Broadmead 4 Paynes Park 2, Phoenix 2 HTS Barleycorn 1.

Subsidiary Cup, group two: North Herts Hatters 0 Jackmans Jackdaws 4, Wilbury 3 Walsworth 2.


Sunday, February 10

Premier Division: AC Malone v PJ Hitchin.

Division One: Kcinsatop Res v HTS Barleycorn Res.

Division Two: Dynamo Letchworth v Wilbury, North Herts Hatters v Offley Parish.

Division Three: Green Man Ickleford v Paynes Park, The Phoenix v Clifton Sunday.

George John Memorial Trophy, round two: Angels Reply v Three Tuns Galacticos.

Challenge Cup, round two: SMU v Baldock Engine, Chequers Stotfold v The Park, AEK Letchworth v Wanderers, Cannon v Kcinsatop, Shillington v Red Star ICL.

Division Two Cup, round two: Walsworth v Broadmead, Radcliffe Arms v Jackmans Jackdaws.

Division Three Cup, round two: Shillington Sunday v Wanderers Res.

Subsidiary Cup, group one: Crown Stotfold v HTS Barleycorn.