Five goals from Joe Delasalle in an 11-goal thriller helped Stevenage Fencing through to the next round of the Herts Junior Cup (writes Darren Statto Jones). The big striker opened the scoring with a volley following Aaron Springham s long throw-in. Apo

Five goals from Joe Delasalle in an 11-goal thriller helped Stevenage Fencing through to the next round of the Herts Junior Cup (writes Darren "Statto" Jones).

The big striker opened the scoring with a volley following Aaron Springham's long throw-in. Apoel Reserves, conquerors of two CSSFL sides in the previous two rounds, levelled the scores. Springham then took on several players, before seeing his shot saved and Delasalle hit the top corner from the edge of the box from the rebound.

He then became provider for Craig Gilbert, who scuffed his shot in off the post. Delasalle completed his hat-trick when he chipped the 'keeper, who had scuffed his clearance to him.

They conceded again before Lee Hewitt provided Mick Sandford with the ball, who took on two players and finished.

The home side got a third before player/manager Andy Jackson fed Delasalle again, who took the ball round the 'keeper before netting. Chris Tilbury got his studs to a fifty-fifty to play the ball to Delasalle for his fifth before they conceded another, but it was too late.

Roebuck Gate played a good passing game down the wings. Unfortunately, opponents Oakwood scored a beauty from outside the box to stun goalkeeper Richard Pomroy. They doubled the lead on the counter-attack before Jim McGarry split the defence with a fine ball for Daniel Swales, who coolly finished. As they searched for an equaliser, they were hit by a third by the Enfield team and went out.

An amazing game in the Premier Division saw morning-signing Kaan Fehmi hit four goals for Roebuck Scaffolding as they went back to the top. Brother Arin Fehmi, as well as last season's Golden Boot winner Steve Teale and Tony Waters were on target. J.A.P. Builders replied through their impressive new signing from the folding Nirankari, Leeroy Williams. Leon Palma, Negus Johnson and Billy Sewell also netted in reply. Ian Baker opened the scoring for Mallard from Glen Lamacraft's cross. Dun Cow grabbed a point when John Vooght converted the rebound after his penalty was saved.

Dun Cow Res regained the leadership of Division One and took the lead midway through the first-half when, for the second week in succession, Putterills' Jon Pace put the ball past his own keeper, this time Charlie Anderson.

They were two up after a defender found one of the numerous puddles straight from the second-half kick-off, Cow broke quickly and Danny Lane put the ball past the 'keeper after Scott Storti's attempted clearance also found its way into standing water. Mark Phillips then unleashed an unstoppable shot from 40 yards before Lane hit the fourth.

Michael Wells and Alan Widdows netted as Broadhall saw off Fox (Michael Oakes) in a meeting of the bottom two.

Pin Green snuck into fourth and took the lead when a mix up and collision between 'keeper Kevin Childs and Danny Hillard allowed Dean Shakespeare to slide the ball home for the only goal of the first-half. Emperors Head were level through Danny Wardell's lofted shot. Paul Ryan then struck well, before doubling his money with a header. Steve Harris pulled one back with a header from a Chris Chalat corner before the two-goal lead was restored by Adam Stevens. Emperors manager Sam Archer scored the goal of the game to set up a tense finish.

King Pin United kept up their 100 per cent record as they inflicted Stevenage Colts Old Boys' first defeat despite Oliver Wisker giving the latter the lead.

James Wyatt pounced after some poor defending to fire low into the corner to level the scores before going on to grab a hat-trick.

He then turned creator as substitute Nick Collins nodded home his cross. Collins netted again when a long free-kick from Derek McGivern put him through and he nodded the ball over the on-rushing 'keeper.

Old Town Wetherspoons had a great chance to lead at the break, but for a great one-on-one save from Grant Smith in the A1 Trophies goal.

A through-ball from Lewis Benn reached Si Longman, who gently rolled the ball round the 'keeper to give A1 the lead. Benn then found himself unmarked thirty yards out, shot, only for it to hit a defender and fall into the path of James Harrod, who slotted home.

The goal of the game came when Michael Forecast passed to Daniel Nash, who played a couple of one-two's with Benn, before knocking it into the box for Longman to grab his second.

Marquis of Lorne jumped four places to mid-table thanks largely to a Jason Lovelock hat-trick.

Times Club took the lead when the defence failed to clear and the ball popped up for Tony Piroth to net.

Breachwood Lions levelled when, after George Harrison's header came back off the post, captain John Griffin scored his first goal for the club. Karl Rickaby's speculative shot then found the top corner but the scores were level again when Ed Jeffrey went past two men before firing the ball home. Lions went in front for the first time with a Jeffrey diving header at the back post. However, Martin Griffin earned a share of the spoils.

Division Three is looking like a table of two-halves. The amazing result of the day saw both Leslie Chappell and Aaron Collins bag hat-tricks in SCS' thumping of Stevenage Leisure Ltd. Jack Pancutt also scored, whilst Jason Drackford's brace was in vain.

MBDA avenged their only defeat of the season against MC Racing, who replied through a Sean Stewart penalty after Craig Sutherill's handball. MBDA were five in front by half-time, Kyle Watson bagged a hat-trick from left-wing, whilst strikers Louis Hare and Ashley Kersey hit a brace apiece. Substitute Rob Barton hit the final nail in the coffin from 30 yards.

Probuild Res jumped into second with a resounding win over North Herts Celtic.

In Division Four, Broadhall made it a club-double over Fox as Broadhall Reserves hammered Fox Reserves. Steven Fahey (five), Hayden McColm (two), Steve Wells, Mark Chalkley, Daniel Field, Stuart Rowe and Craig Brooks scored the dozen.

Craig Snowden put Coach and Horses in front before White Lion Walkern levelled through Mark Hollis. The game looked to be heading for a draw until Stuart Tanner popped up with the Walkern side's winner in the last minute.

An amazing game saw a DC Outbar outfit give their 'squad players' a game. It still should've been enough against a Red Lion Woolmer Green side, rock-bottom in their division, without a goal all season and starting with just nine men.

However, Tony Cook took the ball up the wing and banged the opener past Ian Mann. DC were on the scoresheet when a long ball over the top from Gav Bowler found Theo Griffith, who finished well for his first competitive goal for the Club. Darren Ironside then netted Red's second before half-time. Dave Byatt pulled one back from eight yards into the 'keepers bottom right-hand corner.

Luke Decker then tapped in from a yard out to help Lee Metselaar's header into the net and he added his second with his head from a Griffith corner to bring them to within one. With Nick Galligan going off injured, the Red were now down to eight. This didn't stop them as Jimmy McDaid scored from fully 35 yards. Their hearts were broken and both sides were practically eliminated as, with less than five minutes to go, the Premier side hit them with two sucker-punches.