Youth charity appeals for support
A BUSINESS is backing youth charity The Prince s Trust – one of The Comet s charities of the year. Digital Depot, in Stevenage High Street, has donated a state-of-the-art camera to the charity, which helps disadvantaged young people into work, to use to t
A BUSINESS is backing youth charity The Prince's Trust - one of The Comet's charities of the year.
Digital Depot, in Stevenage High Street, has donated a state-of-the-art camera to the charity, which helps disadvantaged young people into work, to use to take photos of those on programmes, or at events or workshops.
Retail manager Jake Helman said: "I heard The Prince's Trust needed a camera and thought what better way to do something for the charity than donate one of our cameras.
"I am a great supporter of the charity helping disadvantaged young people into work."
You may also want to watch:
Fundraising manager Jean Allinson says that without the support of organisations, The Trust would not be able to help as many young people across the region.
"We are always looking for donations in any form - it doesn't have to be money," she said.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 5 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 9 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
"If people have gifts they can donate to the Trust then we can use these as raffle and auction prizes to raise vital funds to support more young people."
A donation of �15 could help an unemployed young person to start work in the construction industry, or �50 could provide the first day's training for an unemployed young person to start up in business.
To make a donation to The Prince's Trust, call 01438 730520 or visit www.princes-trust.org.uk/champions
A LADIES' lunch will be held at Letchworth Hall Hotel on Friday, March 12, to raise money for The Prince's Trust.
Tickets for the three-course healthy living lunch are �20 each and are available from Geraldine Mullins at Letchworth Hall Hotel on 01462 683747.