‘Your information could be crucial’ – Appeal after man found in street outside Hitchin nightspot with facial and spinal fractures
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 50s remains in hospital after being found in the street outside a Hitchin nightspot with serious facial and spinal injuries on Saturday – and police have today appealed for witnesses.
The man was found outside The Venue in Bancroft at about 2.30am in the early hours of Saturday morning.
Officers believe he was assaulted, and he remains in hospital with serious injuries including facial and spinal fractures, swelling and bruising.
PC Geoff Scarborough, from the Hitchin Local Crime Unit, said today: “We are carrying out extensive enquiries and are appealing to anyone who may have witnessed the victim being assaulted to please come forward and speak to us.
“You may have evidence that could prove crucial to the investigation.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who saw anything suspicious in the area around the time stated, or has any further information that could assist the investigation, should call police on 101, quoting crime reference number G1/17/413.
Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use their anonymous online form at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 9 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed