Your guide to Olympic Torch Relay entertainment in Letchworth and Stevenage
THERE’S lot to see and do when the Olympic Torch Relay comes to town so check out our entertainment guide.
•A fancy dress 10km walk with flag colours of Olympic nations has been organised with participants asked to meet at 9am for 9.15am start at the entrance to Fairfield Park opposite Londis. Walkers who wish to walk 5km one-way need to arrange their own lifts.
There will be a barbecue, drinks and cupcakes from 1.30pm at Arlesey Recreation Ground or the village hall depending on the weather, followed by races for all ages.
You may also want to watch:
•Letchworth Salvation Army Letchworth is joining forces with Stotfold Salvation Army for an event at their premises in Norton Way North, with activities from 10am. Both bands will be playing, alongside massed choirs and a ‘messy church’ for children.
•Performances in Eastcheap from 10am to 11.15am with Younique street dance, Garden City Samba, Letchworth Morris Men, Garden City Chorus and string orchestra, Granny Turismo and Electralites Majorettes
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
•Inflatable fun for all the family Howard Park and Gardens from noon until 4pm. Performance from Letchworth Garden City Band as well as activities including a bungee rope run, laser tag arena, army assault course, rodeo bull and a British Judo Association demonstration.
•Entertainment at King George V Playing Fields from 11.30am to 1pm. Performances from Dance Academy and 40 piece Herts Wind Band, a BMX and skateboarding demo and frisbee activities.
*The Comet wants you to be our eyes on the day so send in your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit them via www.iwitness24.co.uk
The best images will be published in our online gallery and could feature in print next week.
There will also be Comet reporters at both legs, so use #Comettorch to follow the action as events unfold via social networking site Twitter.