Your chance to pop along to the Fairlands Valley Park this weekend and see what Stevenage has to offer
- Credit: Archant
There’s a great chance to check out just what Stevenage’s Fairlands Valley Park has to offer this weekend.
Sunday’s fifth annual open day at the park will allow those with a taste for outdoor attractions to find out all about the sailing, model boating and fishing on offer across four linked lakes in the 120 acres of parkland which is also popular with birdwatchers and walkers.
Visitors to the event will also be able to say hello to a variety of organisations including Dog Watch and the town’s neighbourhood policing team.
There will be music from the Panacea Steel Pan group and a family treasure hunt, and for a small charge children can get their faces painted, ride the scout train, or climb the rock wall.
Stevenage Borough Council’s Councillor John Gardner said: “We’re lucky to have so many great parks in Stevenage and this open day is always a great day out for the whole family.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope to see lots of people trying some of the many activities that are on offer here in the park and getting to meet some local organisations as well.”
The event runs from 11am to 3pm.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
If you want to find more about what’s in store, please call 01438 242323 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.