Your chance to look around newly built community centre at Hampson Park in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
There will be an open day at a brand new community centre in Pin Green, Stevenage, tomorrow.
Community groups are already beginning to make use of the Hampson Park Community Centre, which opened its doors a week ago.
The complex in Pin Green has been built with funding from Stevenage Borough Council to replace the old centre in Archer Road, which has been demolished to build more council housing.
The centre has a community hall, a kitchen and meeting rooms, and organisers are planning to raise £50,000 so they can kit out the inside of the building and create a café serving refreshments to people using the centre and the surrounding park.
As with all of Stevenage’s community centres, it will have to become self-funding by 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman of trustees Mike Davies, said: “It’s a great place for people to come along and carry out their activities. We’re hoping it will become a focus for the whole community.”
The open day runs from 11.30am to 1.15pm tomorrow, (Saturday) and all are welcome to attend. For more information and to donate visit www.hampsonparkcc.co.uk.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 9 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed