Youngsters on 14-day fundraising mission
- Credit: Archant
A GROUP of young people are taking part in 14 fundraisers in as many days, as part of a summer holiday programme.
The youngsters, who live in Hitchin, Letchworth GC and Baldock, have spent two weeks away from home learning new skills for use in future careers, under the National Citizen Service.
They are now putting those to use by raising money for Cancer Hair Care and the British Kidney Patient Association.
The group, who are all aged 16 and 17, also hope to bring communities together through their events, and show young people in a positive light.
Their main fundraiser, to be held in Hitchin Market Place today (Saturday), will feature 14 activities between 10am and 4pm, including a photo booth, cake sales, face painting, raffles, tombolas, and hair braiding.
You may also want to watch:
The other 13 events the group are working on will be held throughout the month.
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out