Youngster set for skydive today to raise for Hertfordshire charity
A MAN is due to take on his first sky dive after a year of sponsored events to raise money for the Comet’s Charity of the Year.
Liam Horner, volunteer co-ordinator for YMCA Central Herts, will take the leap on Saturday.
He has already done a bungee jump and the YMCA Sleep Easy event this year, to raise awareness and funds for the charity.
“I have been taking part in lots of YMCA fundraising activities over the past year,” he said.
“Going on to do a sky dive from a 160 foot bungee feels like a big step but I am really looking forward to it. I hope I feel the same when I’m sitting there in the plane at 13,000 feet, and that I can inspire other people to give the challenges a go themselves.”
You may also want to watch:
To sponsor Liam, visit his fundraising page at www.virginmoneygiving.com/liamhorner
Or, if you fancy taking on your own challenge of a lifetime to fundraise for the charity, including a trek along Hadrian’s Wall or the Great Wall of China, or sky diving like Liam, then visit www.ymcacentralherts.org.uk
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright