Young musicians hit the right note
JUDGES were singing the praises of young musicians from Comet country, who showed off their talents in a music festival at the weekend.
Youngsters from all over North Herts were at Kingshott School on Sunday, for the first Hitchin Youth Music Festival.
School choirs, rock groups, brass bands and a drum ensemble were just some of the performers in the event, which was open to any musical group with four or more members, aged four to 18.
Dinah Birch, who manages Hitchin Band, came up with the idea.
She said: “Everybody was very enthusiastic and it was good to see so many parents supporting their children.
You may also want to watch:
“Sadly, there is a possibility that music could be dropped from the school curriculum. If that happens, outside groups will be the only opportunity children will to experience playing music together, rather than as individuals.
“It is very important that we continue to encourage them take to part in musical activities.”
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 8 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
There are already plans to make the festival an annual event.