You muddy marvels! North Herts firms praised after pumping £18,000 into hospital appeal fund
- Credit: Archant
More than £18,000 has been pumped into the appeal which aims to make the Lister Hospital a more welcoming place for patients with dementia.
The Forget Me Not appeal aims to fund new furnishings and equipment which latest research shows can be a real help.
And the team at the East & North Herts Hospitals Charity, which is overseeing the fundraising for the project, was delighted when nearly 120 staff from a dozen local companies knuckled down for the One True Grit challenge in Benington last month.
Fundraiser Zoe Doherty said: “One True Grit is an incredibly hard course. The day was really windy and rainy so the teams had to work extremely hard but they did brilliantly.
“A big thank you to all the teams – Benchmark Fabrications, Best Electrical, Brocket Hall, Caswell Environmental Services, Comfort Controls, Connolly Europe, ESS Group, Gordon Craig Theatre, LeoTel Software, LV=, Morrison Utility Services and Nuffield Health.
You may also want to watch:
“Our next big corporate event will be an It’s A Knockout tournament at Fairlands Valley in September, and any local firms which would like to enter a team should get in touch.”
Debbie-Jane Thompson from Connolly Europe said: “We are thrilled to have raised so much for such a good cause.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Nobel School celebrates 60 years
“While the staff do a fantastic job, there is much that can be done to improve the environment of the ward to make it more comfortable for those suffering with dementia.”
Sharlini Manoharan from Benchmark Fabrications added: “Our company put in a team of 21 staff and although it was cold and raining, we had a fantastic time and the whole team felt a real sense of achievement, we are delighted to have helped such a good cause.”
Andy Levett from One True Grit said: “It’s always great to see so many runners taking part for charity.
“The course is tough but everyone that takes part enjoys themselves. Our next event is in Baldock in September so if you would like to take part please go to www.onetruegrit.com.”
For more information about the appeal or the It’s a Knockout Tournament contact Zoe Doherty on 01438 286 142 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.