X-Factor stars FYD in big turn on
X-FACTOR stars shone, dwarves danced and Father Christmas gave presents as a town centre was lit up for Christmas.
Heart throbs FYD were the big attraction for hundreds of screaming girls last Thursday night when they performed in Stevenage Town Square as part of the big Christmas light switch on.
The singers were joined on the Jack FM stage by Snow White, the seven dwarves and the wicked witch from this year’s Gordon Craig Theatre panto as well as Father Christmas.
Bethan Finighan hit the plunger that lit up the town in a display of multicoloured light as well as setting off a firework display and a cascade of snow. Town centre manager Tracey Parry said it was a “hugely entertaining evening, jam-packed with great music and games”.
Hitchin has its chance to shine tomorrow (Friday) when the annual Christmas tree is illuminated in Market Place at 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
The market will stay open late and there will be festive classics such as roast chestnuts and mulled wine as well as children’s entertainment and music from Heart Radio.
Letchworth’s festivities also get underway tomorrow from 4pm when Elvis, Cinderella and samba groups will entertain the crowds.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 3 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 10 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
The light switch on is at 6.30pm followed by fireworks and carols from the Letchworth Community Choir.