X Factor finalists Union J to headline colourful celebration of Filipino culture in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
The X Factor finalists Union J have confirmed they are to headline the Barrio Fiesta Hertfordshire festival in Stevenage on Saturday, June 25.
The boy band from London who finished fourth in the ninth series of the reality TV show in 2012, will take to the stage at Fairlands Valley Showground for the festival which is a celebration of Filipino music and culture and runs from Friday, June 24, to Saturday, June 25.
The festival showcases the cultural and religious traditions of the Philippines and boasts colourful activities like the grand parade of festival clothes, tribal street dancing, trade stalls and exhibits.
There is also a traditional food festival.
The event is organised by Filipino groups across Hertfordshire and is supported by Herts County Council.
You may also want to watch:
Union J are currently signed to Epic Records and their second studio album You Got It All – was released in December 2014.
On the Friday doors open at 11am and entry is free.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 5 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 6 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 7 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 8 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
On the Saturday doors open at 9am and tickets cost from £5 to £35. Visit www.skiddle.com to book.