Wrexham hopeful Boro clash will go ahead
WREXHAM are hopeful that Wednesday night s game against Stevenage Boro will go ahead. Boro were supposed to travel to north Wales on January 16 but that game was called off due to the cold snap that engulfed the country. The match was rearranged for this
WREXHAM are hopeful that Wednesday night's game against Stevenage Boro will go ahead.
Boro were supposed to travel to north Wales on January 16 but that game was called off due to the cold snap that engulfed the country.
The match was rearranged for this Wednesday but despite snow forecast in Wrexham tonight the hosts are hopeful that the game will go ahead as general temperatures are good.
Speaking to The Leader, Wrexham boss Dean Saunders said: "We have got the sheets on the pitch so I don't think there will be a doubt over the game being on. The pitch is not in a great condition. We will get the sheets off, put the divets back and then put the sheets back on.
"Hopefully we don't get any snow. The problem is if last minute snows starts coming down tomorrow, but hopefully we don't get any.
- 1 BID releases official statement after cancelling Christmas lights switch-on
- 2 Villagers left waiting over an hour in cold for Arriva buses demand better service
- 3 Yellow warning for snow and wind in Herts as Storm Arwen sweeps in
- 4 Tranmere Rovers against Stevenage off after Storm Arwen damage
- 5 15 adorable rescue pets in Hertfordshire looking for loving new homes this Christmas
- 6 Hitchin named as happiest place to live in the East of England
- 7 Hertfordshire zoo Paradise Wildlife Park to temporarily close to the public in January
- 8 Driver assaulted in racially aggravated attack following car crash
- 9 Stevenage Christmas lights switch-on: All you need to know
- 10 How Hertfordshire’s coronavirus figures compare to last year's lockdown