World Cup final referee to officiate Stevenage vs QPR
- Credit: Archant
Howard Webb to be joined by Sian Massey to officiate inaugural Stevenage Ladies FC game
A World Cup final referee is set to take charge of Stevenage Ladies later this month.
Howard Webb, who refereed the 2010 World Cup final between Holland and Spain and the 2010 Champions League final between Inter Milan and Bayern Munich, will oversee the commemorative game between Stevenage and QPR at the Lamex Stadium on Wednesday, April 30 (7.45pm) barring any Champions League commitments.
Webb, who will also be at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil, will have as one of his assistants Sian Massey, who regularly officiates in the Premier League and Football League.
Head of Stevenage FC Foundation Alex Tunbridge, who will head up the new club, told the club’s website: “We are delighted that Howard Webb and Sian Massey are set to be amongst the officials for the first ever Stevenage Ladies FC game.
You may also want to watch:
“With Howard one of the world’s most respected referees and Sian a leading official in both the men’s and women’s game, both are high profile appointments and we look forward to welcoming them to The Lamex Stadium.”
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 4 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 5 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 6 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 10 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations