Work set to start on village sports facility
- Credit: Archant
Work is set to start on a state-of-the-art sports facility.
King Walden residents will soon be able to enjoy sporting and games equipment at Breachwood Green Recreation Ground.
The work, which will start on Monday, will be done in three stages. The first phase will see the erection of a new floodlit MUGA (multi-use games area) and outdoor gym equipment.
The second phase will see the installation of table tennis, street snooker and a 60-metre running track.
The third phase, subject to funds, will see the construction of a tennis court.
You may also want to watch:
It is anticipated that the first two phases will be completed by early December, while the tennis court will be by April next year.
Funding for the project has come from various organisations, grants and charitable donations.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
Chairman of Kings Walden Parish Council, Angela Herrmann, said: “The facilities will be open 365 days a year and will be for people of all ages.”