Words don't do it justice - Byrom
BORO midfielder Joel Byrom says words couldn t do justice to how good it felt to win the league after Graham Westley s side wrapped up the Blue Square Premier title on Saturday. It feels brilliant. Words can t really describe it. It s an unbelievable fee
BORO midfielder Joel Byrom says words couldn't do justice to how good it felt to win the league after Graham Westley's side wrapped up the Blue Square Premier title on Saturday.
"It feels brilliant. Words can't really describe it. It's an unbelievable feeling," the former Northwich man told The Comet.
"Our aim since day one has been to win the league. There has been ups and downs but we're delighted to have finally done it.
"The fans have been brilliant all season. It's a credit to them and the club that we've done it and we'll be in the league next year."
You may also want to watch:
Charlie Griffin set Boro on their way with just 70 seconds on the clock on Saturday and Byrom revealed the plan was to take control from the start.
"We got an early goal today and that's what we wanted to do," said Byrom.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
"We played really well through the 90 minutes and deserved the win."
The England C international grabbed Boro's second goal on Saturday with a fantastic individual effort.
"For my goal I looked into the box to cross it but nobody was there so I cut inside and thought I'd better have the shot and it just went in. It was a terrific feeling.