Will you be heading to Stevenage’s Fairlands for Woof Cancer Day?
- Credit: Picture: Courtesy of Beth Corcoran
A dog walk in the park with difference is coming to Stevenage to raise funds for Cancer Research UK.
Woof Cancer Day will take place at the Fairlands Valley Park on Saturday, March 10, and there’s still time for all the family – and your furry friends – to get involved.
As well as the 5k walk, there will also be dog show, poochtastic stalls, top dog and fancy dress competition, refreshments and a shorter route for older dogs and puppies.
Stephen Loriot from Baldock is among those who have already signed up. He said: “I’m really looking forward to spending some time with my furry friend, family and friends for this great cause.”
CRUK volunteer Emma Rogers, from Biggleswade, added: “I’m so excited to be helping organise this event and can’t wait to see all the wagging tails on the day.
You may also want to watch:
The walk starts at 9.30am and costs just £5 for you and your dog – with further dogs registered for £3 each. Those who are under 16 must be accompanied by a guardian.
Visit www.cruk.org/woofstevenage for more information and to book.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 4 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 5 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 6 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 10 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain