Woodlands View Care Home gives update after fire leaves seven hospitalised
- Credit: Archant
A Woodlands View Care Home spokesperson has provided an update after a fire at the Stevenage premises left seven people hospitalised.
A HC-One spokesperson said: “We regret to confirm at 4:30pm this afternoon a fire broke out at Woodlands View Care Home in Stevenage.
“At the time of the incident, staff at the home took immediate action to notify the emergency services and evacuate residents, staff and visitors to safety in other parts of the home.
“The fire has been extinguished, and we are now working with the emergency services to assess the situation.
“A number of residents have been taken to hospital to receive further medical attention, and we are doing everything we can to support their families.
“Additional staff from across the organisation are now at the home to support all other residents and staff during this distressing time.
“The safety and wellbeing of residents is our number one priority. We are making arrangements to accommodate the evacuated residents to our sister homes within a 20-mile radius overnight as needed.
- 1 175-year-old primary school saved after months of uncertainty
- 2 Tranquil Turtle officially opens with dazzling launch event
- 3 Man charged with multiple burglaries after police chase
- 4 Stevenage Major Works: Leaseholders sent final bills
- 5 Dangerous paedophile jailed for sexual abuse of vulnerable girl
- 6 Christmas markets return to Hitchin
- 7 Downing Street: Our MPs' responses to alleged illegal Christmas party
- 8 Does your MP support drug testing in Parliament?
- 9 Turkeys for sale on Facebook ruffles feathers
- 10 Serious collision on A602 injures four
“We have also been keeping the families of all residents up to date with the latest developments.
“In due course, there will be a full investigation, however our immediate priority remains providing all support possible to everybody connected to the home.”
The East of England Ambulance service confirmed seven people were taken to hospital – one in a critical condition.