Women urged to sign up for Stevenage’s Race for Life
- Credit: Archant
Time is running out for women to sign up to Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in Stevenage next month.
Already 1,300 women have registered to take part in the 5k or 10k event at Fairlands Valley Park on Sunday, July 8, leaving just 200 places left.
Money raised will help scientists find new ways to prevent, diagnose and treat the disease, helping save more lives.
Event manager Courtney Culverhouse said: “We’re calling on the women of Stevenage to sign up today as their participation and contribution is so important.
“Cancer is a disease that affects us all in some way. By taking part in Race for Life, people can come together to remember loved ones lost to cancer or celebrate the lives of those dear to them who have survived.
You may also want to watch:
“By raising money, participants can also support Cancer Research UK scientists to make vital strides forward in research.”
To enter, visit raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770. Entry closes on July 6.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 7 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go