Woman trapped in house fire in Stevenage

A WOMAN had a lucky escape when a blaze broke out in her kitchen last night (Tuesday). Two fire crews were called to a property on Greydells Road in Stevenage just after 7pm. Paramedics were also called as the occupant, an elderly woman, was trapped insid

A WOMAN had a lucky escape when a blaze broke out in her kitchen last night (Tuesday).

Two fire crews were called to a property on Greydells Road in Stevenage just after 7pm.

Paramedics were also called as the occupant, an elderly woman, was trapped inside.

Firefighters got her out of the house, which had become smoke logged.

The woman was given oxygen at the scene but did not need to go to hospital.