Woman taken to hospital after house fire in Hitchin

A woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a house fire in Milestone Road, Hitchin, in the early hours of Saturday morning. Paramedics from Letchworth GC and Bedford attended the incident. Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sand

A woman was taken to hospital suffering from smoke inhalation following a house fire in Milestone Road, Hitchin, in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Paramedics from Letchworth GC and Bedford attended the incident. Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson confirmed one person was taken to Bedford Hospital South Wing with smoke inhalation.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter