Woman lucky to be alive after wire deliberately strung across Stevenage footpath
AN incident which could have led to someone being killed is being investigated by police.
A wire deliberately stretched across a cycle path in Gresley Way, Stevenage caught a woman around the neck.
Luckily it became detached and it did not cause her serious harm.
But investigating officer Insp Simon Tabert said: “The woman was lucky not to have sustained a very nasty injury.
“The wire had been strung across the path at neck height. If she had been cycling faster or had been riding a moped she could have been very seriously injured or even killed.”
You may also want to watch:
It happened at around 4.30pm on Monday as the 42-year-old woman was cycling along the track with her son, near to the Coopers Inn pub.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on the non-emergency number 101. Alternatively call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 3 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket