Woman in hospital with chest and facial injuries after Hitchin A602 blackspot crash – as Golf driver flees on foot
- Credit: Archant
A woman was taken to hospital with chest and facial injuries after a serious two-car crash in Hitchin last night – after which the other car’s driver fled on foot.
The woman, described by the ambulance service as aged in her 20s, was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge after the crash at the Charlton Road junction of the A602 Park Way at about 10.05pm.
The vehicles involved were a blue VW Polo and a blue VW Golf. The Golf’s driver left the scene on foot after the crash – with officers, a police helicopter and a police dog carrying out a search to find him afterwards.
A crew from Hitchin Fire Station also attended to assist with scene safety.
A police spokeswoman confirmed that no arrests have been made at this stage.
You may also want to watch:
The junction in Park Way has long been cited as an accident blackspot, with Herts County Council carrying out an £89,000 refit in 2014 in attempt to make it safer. The layout remains unchanged since then.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 3 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 4 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 7 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 8 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 9 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit