Woman ‘glassed’ in Letchworth town centre pub
- Credit: Archant
A young woman was taken to hospital with head injuries after being allegedly glassed in a Letchworth pub on Saturday night – with a 44-year-old arrested on suspicion of GBH.
At about 11.30pm on Saturday night, a woman aged in her 20s was involved in an argument while leaving The Platform, on the corner of Station Road and Eastcheap in the town centre.
She is alleged to have been punched and kicked by two people, with a glass bottle said to have been smashed on her head.
The victim, who was taken to Stevenage’s Lister Hospital, suffered a cut to her head that had to be glued.
A spokesman for the ambulance service said that a paramedic had attended the scene in a rapid response vehicle and taken the victim to hospital, and that her condition was not thought to be life-threatening or serious.
You may also want to watch:
During the fight a man was also allegedly punched in the forehead, but police said he did not suffer any injuries.
A 44-year-old woman from Letchworth was arrested on suspicion of GBH, and has been released under investigation.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
Witnesses and anyone with information that could help the police investigation should call police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference G2/17/1221.
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously through 0800 555 111 or crimestoppers-uk.org.