Woman gains new lease of life after dropping from a size 22 to size 10
A WOMAN who has always struggled with her weight now has a new lease of life after shedding 99 pounds. Pauline Hart, of Downlands in Stevenage, has shrunk from a size 22 to a size 10 after a lifetime of yoyo dieting. As a teenager, she dreamt of wearing t
A WOMAN who has always struggled with her weight now has a new lease of life after shedding 99 pounds.
Pauline Hart, of Downlands in Stevenage, has shrunk from a size 22 to a size 10 after a lifetime of yoyo dieting.
As a teenager, she dreamt of wearing the fashionable clothes her friends were wearing, but was forced to make her own outfits as nothing would fit.
Pauline said: "I have always loved fashion and used to get jealous of the clothes my skinnier friends wore.
"Shopping trips were a nightmare. Plus sized clothing has improved with time, but I must admit that the best thing about my new slimmer figure is being able to shop at any of the high street stores."
Pauline, 56, is now a svelte 10st 4lbs after taking part in the All About W8 programme.
- 1 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
- 2 Lights stolen in Baldock burglary
- 3 11-year-old boy 'seriously injured' after e-scooter and car crash
- 4 Villagers pull together to support boy with life-limiting condition
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Weston fraudster given jail time after scamming council out of £700,000
- 7 Invitation to Hitchin community garden party!
- 8 Our sporting stars celebrated with museum exhibition
- 9 Licence review for Hitchin's Chicken George after neighbour complaint
- 10 Crowds gather to mark Armed Forces Day in Letchworth
She began the weight loss plan when it got to the stage where she was struggling to do simple tasks such as tying her own shoelaces and getting out of the bath.
She decided enough was enough.
All About W8 involves having nutritionally balanced mealpaks - which are low calorie, low GI and low carb - combined with healthy meals.
Pauline said: "I have tried and failed with so many diets in the past and I had resigned myself to the fact that I was going to be big forever, like most of the women in my family.
"I didn't think the soup and shake aspect of the plan would fit into my lifestyle, but doing the regular programme was really easy to follow.
"Any reservations disappeared when I stepped on the scales after my first week and had lost 9lbs."
With a new lease of life, Pauline climbed Cader Idris in Wales earlier this year, beating her 27-year-old son Daniel to the top, and plans to climb Snowdon later this year.
She said: "I am so much happier now. Being fat was worse than being pregnant, in terms of how much it immobilised me.
"I am now lighter than I was when I got married 34 years ago, which to me is a miracle."
Visit www.allaboutw8.co.uk for more information about All About W8.