Woman flees Stevenage flat fire

A woman fled her Stevenage flat yesterday evening (Thursday) as an electrical fire filled her home with smoke.

Two fire crews were scrambled at 6.20pm to the first floor flat on Epsom Road to tackle the fire in a heating cupboard.

The woman was unhurt and the fire declared out half an hour later.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter