Woman escapes car fire after three-way smash in Stevenage
FOUR people were taken to hospital after a three-car collision in Stevenage on Saturday, with one casualty escaping from her burning vehicle.
Emergency services were called to a crash on the A602 road in Bragbury End, Stevenage, at 8.45pm and found one of the cars involved on fire on arrival.
Two women and two men were taken to Lister Hospital with minor injuries following the incident, which happened near The Chequers pub.
Ambulance service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “On arrival of the first ambulance, one of the cars involved in the crash was on fire.
“Luckily the woman, who we believe to be 33-years-old, managed to escape before the car burnt to the ground. She sustained minor injuries.
You may also want to watch:
“Three further casualties from one of the cars involved, two men in their 60s and a woman in her 60s, were all taken to Lister Hospital with slight injuries. A fifth patient was assessed at the scene by paramedics and did not require to go to hospital.”
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright