Woman dies in Majorca after falling from balcony
A 23-YEAR-OLD woman from Codicote has died after falling from a hotel balcony in Majorca during the early hours of yesterday morning (Saturday).
Charlotte Faris fell to her death in the holiday resort of Magaluf after checking into the Teix Hotel just hours earlier.
A statement from her mother Sarah on behalf of the family was issued through Hertfordshire Constabulary.
It said: “Charlotte was a very loving and much-loved daughter, sister, grand-daughter and friend.
“She will be greatly missed by everyone who knew her.
You may also want to watch:
“We are still trying to come to terms with our devastating loss.”
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) confirmed the death today (Sunday).
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 3 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 4 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 7 Arrest made and 350 cannabis plants seized after raid in Letchworth
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 'Black history should be celebrated every month, not just in October'
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
A FCO spokesman said: “We are aware and can confirm the death of British national Charlotte Faris in Majorca on May 5.
“We are providing consular assistance to her family.”
It was previously being reported that Miss Faris was from Stevenage.
It is the third death on the Spanish island in less than a month after 28-year-old Benjamin Harper fell to his death from a balcony on April 20.
Adam Atkinson, 20, died three days before after reportedly falling down a hotel stairwell.