Woman dies in Ickleford road collision
A WOMAN has died after her car came off the road on Friday morning.
The woman, believed to be in her 20s, was travelling on Bedford Road between Ickleford and Henlow in the early hours of the morning when the black Renault Megane she was driving came off the road. She died at the scene.
Pc Kevin Sloan, from the Collision Investigation unit, said: “This is a very sad incident, resulting in a young woman sadly losing her life. Our thoughts are with her family at this difficult time.
“Although the incident occurred in the early hours, I would like to appeal to anyone who was in the area and who may have witnessed the collision. I would also like to speak with anyone who may have seen this vehicle travelling from Hitchin before it occurred.”
The East of England Ambulance Service (EEAST) was alerted to the incident at 6.56am. Ambulance crews from Ampthill and Shefford attended the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Service spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “First and foremost our thoughts are firmly with the woman’s family at this tragic time.”
Anyone with any information is asked to call Pc Sloan via the police non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 7 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 8 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed