Woman dies in Hitchin crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being hit by a car in Hitchin on Wednesday night, police have now confirmed.
Natalie Carloss, 32, from Hitchin, sadly died after being hit by a white BMW in Arlesey Road at around 10pm.
Emergency services were called, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed until 3.15am on Thursday, with the driver of the BMW staying at the scene to assist police with their enquiries.
PC Felicity Moody, investigating, said: “Our thoughts are very much with Natalie’s family at what is a very distressing and difficult time for them.
You may also want to watch:
“We are doing all we can to determine the circumstances around this collision.
“Therefore I would ask anyone who was travelling on Arlesley Road – in particular the stretch between Hitchin Lavender and Arlesley New Road – around the time of the collision on Wednesday night and believe they saw Natalie to please contact us as soon as possible.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
If you witnessed the collision, or have any information, call the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference ISR 874 of March 6.