Woman dies in Hitchin crash
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after being hit by a car in Hitchin on Wednesday night, police have now confirmed.
Natalie Carloss, 32, from Hitchin, sadly died after being hit by a white BMW in Arlesey Road at around 10pm.
Emergency services were called, but she was pronounced dead at the scene.
The road was closed until 3.15am on Thursday, with the driver of the BMW staying at the scene to assist police with their enquiries.
PC Felicity Moody, investigating, said: “Our thoughts are very much with Natalie’s family at what is a very distressing and difficult time for them.
“We are doing all we can to determine the circumstances around this collision.
“Therefore I would ask anyone who was travelling on Arlesley Road – in particular the stretch between Hitchin Lavender and Arlesley New Road – around the time of the collision on Wednesday night and believe they saw Natalie to please contact us as soon as possible.”
- 1 Driver arrested as Audi crashes into parked vehicles in Hitchin
- 2 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Five teenagers arrested following 'violent disorder' in Stevenage
- 4 Car crashes with pedestrian on A602 Stevenage Road
- 5 Plans approved for former Stevenage bus station site
- 6 Stevenage's own Lewis Hamilton grabs third in British GP
- 7 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 8 Three arrested after cannabis, cash and phones seized
- 9 Mental health crisis café to open in Stevenage
- 10 A1(M) closed in both directions near Letchworth
If you witnessed the collision, or have any information, call the non-emergency number 101, quoting reference ISR 874 of March 6.