Woman charged in connection with Hitchin distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been charged in connection with a distraction burglary that took place in Hitchin last Thursday.
Tracey Southgate, of Maytrees in Hitchin has been charged with burglary dwelling and theft in the wake of a police CCTV appeal.
The charge relates to an incident in Hollow Lane after a man in his 90s had a small amount of cash and a set of keys stolen from his property.
The 50-year-old has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on Monday, November 18.
DC Michael Hardiman, from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, said: "I would like to thank the public for their assistance with the investigation so far, and for taking the time to contact me.
You may also want to watch:
"We now await the outcome of the pre-trial preparation hearing scheduled for next month."
- 1 Confirmation that Stevenage Five Guys restaurant is coming soon
- 2 How many people in Stevenage were fined for breaking COVID-19 laws?
- 3 SG1 regeneration officially under way as holding direction is lifted
- 4 Appeal to sign petition over future of ancient woodland in Stevenage
- 5 Hitchin schoolboy Alex Kirk signs professional deal with Arsenal
- 6 New stewards employed to crack down on breaches of COVID-19 regulations
- 7 Man sentenced for smashing garage window, assault and drugs offences
- 8 Do you have memories of Stevenage's Bowes Lyon skate park for history book?
- 9 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 10 Small business owner shares community plea as COVID-19 robs him of his 'passion'