Woman charged in connection with Hitchin distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been charged in connection with a distraction burglary that took place in Hitchin last Thursday.
Tracey Southgate, of Maytrees in Hitchin has been charged with burglary dwelling and theft in the wake of a police CCTV appeal.
The charge relates to an incident in Hollow Lane after a man in his 90s had a small amount of cash and a set of keys stolen from his property.
The 50-year-old has been remanded in custody and is due to appear at St Albans Crown Court on Monday, November 18.
DC Michael Hardiman, from the North Herts Local Crime Unit, said: "I would like to thank the public for their assistance with the investigation so far, and for taking the time to contact me.
You may also want to watch:
"We now await the outcome of the pre-trial preparation hearing scheduled for next month."
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 3 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 4 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Singers make positive change by renaming choir
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision