Woman assaulted in Shefford
- Credit: Archant
A woman walking home in the early hours of yesterday (Sunday) morning has been assaulted.
The 20-year-old woman was walking home through Shefford town centre when she was grabbed from behind.
The incident happened sometime between 1.30am and 2am in Northbridge Street, not far from The Cornerstone pub.
A man ran up to the woman from behind, put his arms round her chest and grabbed her breasts, trying to drag her in the direction of the public toilet in Northbridge Street.
As she struggled, a noise from the direction of the pub disturbed the man, causing him to run off.
You may also want to watch:
The man is described as white, aged about 30 to 40 years, with a ring on his left hand, and was wearing a black top made of sweatshirt-type material.
Detective Constable Lisa Whitson, at Bedfordshire CID, would like to hear from anyone who may have seen or heard this incident. If you were around in Shefford at the time, or have any information that could help, call Det Con Whitson direct on 01234 275227.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 4 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Case for the defence needed quickly after bad defeat for Stevenage
- 8 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 9 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Alternatively, call the non-emergency police number 101, text the force control room direct on 07786 200011 or phone independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555111. You do not have to give your name but could still earn a cash reward for your information.