Woman arrested and charged in connection with Stevenage murder
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested and charged in connection with the murder of a 21-year-old man who was shot five days after the birth of his first child.
Police investigating the murder of Thomas Ward, who was fatally shot in the chest at a caravan site in Dyes Lane, Stevenage, in April of last year, have arrested Jolene Josie Ward and charged the 21-year-old with assisting an offender.
Officers believe Thomas came out of his caravan and was shot, before being found by his family unconscious in undergrowth nearby at about 11.25pm on April 23.
Thomas was taken to Lister Hospital in Stevenage where he died – five days after the birth of his daughter Lilly.
Joleen Josie Ward appeared at Hatfield Remand Court today (Tuesday) and has been remanded in custody ahead of a preliminary hearing at Luton Crown Court on February 11.
Her husband John Boy Ward, who is also Thomas’ second cousin, is still wanted in connection with the murder.
Detectives are continuing their investigations and would like to reappeal to members of the public for information regarding the 32-year-old, whose last known address was Clarkson Court in Hatfield.
- 1 Funeral of retired Stevenage school teacher hailed 'a legend'
- 2 Where you can see the Perseid meteor shower in Hertfordshire
- 3 Magpas Air Ambulance lands in Letchworth amid 'medical emergency'
- 4 Two-storey factory catches fire in Letchworth
- 5 Assault victim left with punctured lung after Hitchin 'scuffle'
- 6 Old Town Live organisers 'overwhelmed by response'
- 7 Parents rally as play café forced to close amid major cost increases
- 8 Stevenage fundraising day in memory of much-loved Peter
- 9 Dog owner's grass seed warning after pet paralysed
- 10 9 things to do on a day trip to Hitchin, Hertfordshire
Anyone with information on his whereabouts should contact the incident room on 01707 355666 or the Herts police non-emergency number 101. Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.