Witness call after attack
POLICE have appealed to the public to help them track down a man who assaulted a woman as she walked along a footpath. The incident happened on the path alongside a field behind Oak Drive and Park Farm Close, Henlow, on Saturday afternoon. The woman had b
POLICE have appealed to the public to help them track down a man who assaulted a woman as she walked along a footpath.
The incident happened on the path alongside a field behind Oak Drive and Park Farm Close, Henlow, on Saturday afternoon.
The woman had been walking her dog in the field for around 20 minutes and seen the man watching her.
When she left the field and was walking towards Coach Road and The Dairy the man approached her and grabbed her arm.
You may also want to watch:
But after her dog jumped up at him and started barking and the woman shouted for help, the man let go of her and fled along the footpath that links Henlow and Arlesey.
Police say they are treating the incident as common assault and are not sure of the man's motive.
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 6 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 9 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 10 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
He remained silent throughout the incident.
The attacker is described as white, around 5ft 7ins tall and aged between 32 and 40. He is slim and had short brown hair and facial stubble and was dirty and scruffy. He was wearing a blue-grey mottled woollen jumper and light blue jeans.
Anyone who has information about the incident, or was in the area at the time between 1.30pm and 1.40pm and saw the man, should contact investigating officer Pc Mark Acott on 01234 841212.