Witness appeal launched after Stevenage man assaulted and robbed in own home
- Credit: Archant
A witness appeal has been launched after a man was assaulted and robbed in his own home.
The 28-year-old victim was at his home address in Bedwell Crescent, Stevenage, when four men made their way into the house between 10pm and 10.30pm on December 19.
After assaulting the man, who received bruising and swelling to his head as a result, the quartet made off with cash and other items, including a mobile phone.
The four offenders are all described by police as black men in their 20s.
Detective constable Amy Brewer, who is investigating, said: “Understandably the victim was left shaken by this incident. Thankfully he wasn’t more seriously injured and we are doing everything we can to trace these four men.
You may also want to watch:
“If you believe you know the men’s identities, witnessed the incident or saw men matching the description in the area at the time of the incident, please contact me immediately: you may have information that is crucial to the investigation.”
Anyone with information is asked to call police on non-emergency number 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Devastated wife pays tribute to Stewart Macgregor following e-scooter accident
- 2 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 3 Man in 70s arrested following A600 crash
- 4 Delivery driver forced to floor in mobile phone robbery
- 5 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 6 Goldfish prizes to be banned on council-owned land
- 7 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 8 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 9 Hitchin launches H-Town Pounds
- 10 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright