Witness appeal after youth stabbed in stomach
A TEENAGER was seriously assaulted in the early hours of Monday. The 18-year-old from Hitchin was walking with his bike along Southfields on the Grange estate in Letchworth GC shortly after 12.30am when he was approached by three males. It is believed tha
A TEENAGER was seriously assaulted in the early hours of Monday.
The 18-year-old from Hitchin was walking with his bike along Southfields on the Grange estate in Letchworth GC shortly after 12.30am when he was approached by three males.
It is believed that one of the three youths stabbed the victim in the stomach before all three made off.
The victim was taken to Lister Hospital where he was treated for his injuries.
You may also want to watch:
One of the trio is described as black, about 5ft 10in tall, medium build and aged in his mid to late teens.
The second was black, also about 5ft 10in tall, slim build and aged 16 or 17.
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 5 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 6 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 7 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 8 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
The third one was white, around 5ft 10in, of athletic build and aged between 15 or 16.
Investigating officer Dc Sarah Hiorns said: "This was a cowardly incident which has left the victim with a serious injury. I am keen to speak to anyone who may have been in the area prior to or at the time of the incident to come forward without delay."
Anyone with information is asked to contact Dc Hiorns on 01438 757316. Alternatively, call Crimestoppers in confidence on 0800 555 111.