Police appeal after suspected ‘targeted’ arson in Letchworth
- Credit: Archant
Detectives are appealing for information as part of an ongoing investigation into what they believe was a “targeted” arson in Letchworth.
The incident occurred in Rundells, at around 2.30am on Friday, May 1, when rubbish left outside the rear of a property was deliberately set alight. A neighbour raised the alarm after discovering the fire.
Detective Constable Nathalia Smith, investigating, said: “Thankfully no one was hurt during the incident but it could easily have been a very different story. We currently believe that this was a targeted attack.
“Two people were seen to flee the scene after the fire started. As part of our continuing investigation, we are appealing for anyone who saw these two people, or witnessed any suspicious activity in the area, to please come forward.
“I appreciate the incident occurred in the early hours, but that may mean anyone who was in the area would have been more noticeable, especially given the lockdown measures in place. If you have any information at all, please contact us.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report information online at crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 5 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 6 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 9 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
- 10 Two jailed for conspiracy to supply cocaine