Witness appeal after Papa John’s moped and Ford Transit van in collision in Stevenage
- Credit: Archant
Did you see a crash between a Papa John’s moped and a van in Stevenage on Friday night?
Police are appealing for witnesses after a red Honda moped from the Papa John’s pizza firm collided with a red and green flat-back Ford Transit van in Chells Way at 8.50pm.
The ambulance service was called and the rider of the moped, who was seriously injured, was taken to the town’s Lister Hospital. No other injuries were reported.
The section of Chells Way between Pankhurst Crescent and Ferriers Road was closed for about half an hour.
Police believe that a white van may also have been involved in the incident, or that its driver may have witnessed the collision. Police are asking this person to contact them.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information is asked to contact the police on the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 752 of November 27.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 2 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 3 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 5 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 6 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 7 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 8 Developers confirm controversial plans for Hitchin flats to go to appeal
- 9 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket