Winn pleased with defensive display
Boro winger came off the bench in 2-1 win over Lincoln City
BORO winger Peter Winn was pleased with his side’s defensive display as they kept Lincoln City at bay in their 2-1 win on Saturday.
The Imps took the lead through an Ashley Grimes first half penalty before losing to a Lawrie Wilson brace, but they failed to test Chris Day any further in the game as Boro shut up shop to keep them out.
Despite suffering from a groin niggle Winn came off the bench in the game and said afterwards that his side deserved all three points.
“It was a good win, especially to come from behind,” Winn told The Comet.
You may also want to watch:
“I think we did very well, the team responded well to when we went one goal down and got the early goal back and carried on from there with the good win.
“We did well to shut them out. They had some possession in front of us but they didn’t really get near our goal.
- 1 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 2 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 3 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 4 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 5 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 6 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 8 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 9 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 10 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
“If they had a shot they were quite often long ones and I think the defence did really well to keep them out.”