Win tickets to see ‘Woody Sez’ - a West End show celebrating the music of Woody Guthrie!
In January 2009 at the inauguration of Barack Obama, Pete Seeger joyfully led a crowd of hundreds of thousands in singing “This Land Is Your Land”.
The spirit of that song’s writer, American Folk legend Woody Guthrie is celebrated in the new musical, Woody Sez which blasts onto the stage of the Arts Theatre this January.
And we want you to see this foot-tapping show. Because we have teamed up with the promoters to offer 10 of our readers a chance to win a pair of tickets to see the show.
Being performed at the Arts Theatre in London’s West End, the show weaves together Guthrie’s enduring words and songs and paints a powerful portrait of this revered cult figure’s fascinating and often tragic life.
Considered the Godfather of American folk music, Guthrie was an altogether original protest singer, fighting for and lifting up the spirits of people beaten down by the hardships of The Great Depression.
You may also want to watch:
The Arts Theatre, 6/7 Great Newport Street, London WC2H 7JB
Woody Sez is being performed between January 13 and April 2, 2011
- 1 Primary school's new garden has 'positive effect on wellbeing and learning'
- 2 Man taken to hospital after crash involving mobility scooter and motorhome
- 3 Man dies after Stevenage e-scooter crash
- 4 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 5 MPs and councillors react to tragic passing of Sir David Amess
- 6 Road closures following crash in Letchworth
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Child abuse investigation dropped after hotel lost CCTV
- 10 Opening of long-awaited Stevenage supermarket
Monday to Saturday at 7.30pm
Wednesday and Saturday at 2.30pm
Tickets - �20.00 - �39.50
Box Office: 020 7907 7092