Win tickets to see Educating Rita or Shirley Valentine on stage in the West End!
We all loved Julie Walters when she tugged at our heart strings in Educating Rita and most of us wanted to escape to Greece with Pauline Collins when she starred in Shirley Valentine.
But now we can bring these fond memories to life again with our competition to win pairs of tickets to see these classic Willy Russell tales when they are brought to life at Trafalgar Studios in London for a limited time only.
Both of Willy Russell’s ‘comic masterpieces’ (Daily Express) are now coming back to the West End: transfering from the Menier Chocolate Factory to the Trafalgar Studios in London for a limited time only, and you can win tickets to see them!
Much to the dismay of her husband, Rita, a young, brash hairdresser, has recently discovered a passion for English Literature and enrols with the Open University. Her fresh, unschooled reaction to the classics challenges the attitudes of the University and her lecturer Frank who begins to question his own understanding of his work and himself.
You may also want to watch:
Originally commissioned by the Royal Shakespeare Company, the show transferred to the West End in 1980. In 1983 Willy Russell’s semi-autographical play was made into a film starring Julie Walters and Michael Caine.
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 3 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 6 Annual Pride of Stevenage Awards celebrate our local heroes
- 7 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 8 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
Meet Shirley: a middle-aged Liverpudlian housewife who talks to the wall whilst preparing her husband’s egg and chips. She’s in a rut. What has happened to her life? When her best friend Jane pays for a holiday for two to Greece, she packs her bags, heads for the sun and starts to see the world and herself rather differently…Starring Meera Syal in ‘London’s Best Comic Performance’ (Time Out).
Willy Russell is one of the country’s favourite dramatists – with Blood Brothers now in its 21st phenomenal year, and recipient of Oscar and BAFTA nominations for his adapted screenplays for both Educating Rita and Shirley Valentine.
Reader offer - get your tickets to see the show for just �20!
Call 0844 871 7632 and quote ‘Comedy Offer’ or go to www.willyrussellseason.com and enter the promotion code COMEDY when prompted
* Valid Mon-Fri perfs until 22 Oct, subject to availability. Exclusions apply