Win tickets to Grand Designs Live London 2011!
One of the UK’s most innovative and inspirational consumer home shows Grand Designs Live, will make its triumphant return to London for the seventh consecutive year, from the 30th April – 8th May 2011 at the ExCeL Centre in London’s Docklands.
And we want you to be there. Because this week we have teamed up with the promoters to offer 25 of our readers the chance to win a pair or tickets to attend the event.
Gadgets designed to make our lives easier have been filling our homes and offices for the last 10 years. Many of the once-thought outlandish ideas have come to widespread fruition such as laptops, smart phones, satnav and more recently 3D TVs. All these devices have effectively simplified tasks and pulled us closer together and so the next step in the technological evolution is to be not only more connected with our homes and gardens but even our own bodies.
The popular House of the Future, brought to you by Virgin Media, at this year’s Grand Designs Live London will feature developed products as well as those in the concept stage, which will show how ‘smart’ our homes can be in the very near future.
In addition to the house, there will also be a new feature - the ‘Garden of the Future’, which will present products that harness technology to make gardening easier, whether you’re an amateur or expert gardener.
You may also want to watch:
Visitors can expect to be wowed by a household mirror that checks your health and helps you with exercise routines, an intelligent bath tub controlled by your mobile phone, a kitchen which ‘unfolds’ and even plant pots that use computer software to grow your plants. These jaw dropping innovations are just a few of those that will feature alongside many other amazing gadgets and appliances from both, the ‘here and now’ and the ‘not so far’ future.
if you would like to be in with a chance of winning a pair of tickets to see this show, then all you have to do is answer this simple question:
- 1 Taser video: Officer's actions which left man with injuries 'deemed appropriate'
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 History buffs celebrate town's historic buildings
- 4 'Important milestone' reached in building of John Barker Place
- 5 Walk-in and booster vaccine slots available this week
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 8 Council approves new measures to get to net zero by 2030
- 9 Hitchin's Repair Café wants you!
- 10 As sewage saga continues, how did our MPs vote?
For how many years has Grand Designs Live been hosted in London?
a) Five years
b) Six years
c) Seven years
The competition closes on April 18. The winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before this date. There is no cash alternative. The tickets are valid for one day of the show only. Travel to and from the event is not included as part of the prize.
* If you’re not lucky enough to win, make sure you book in advance and save �4 on each ticket. Call 0844 209 7349 or book online at www.granddesignslive.com.