Win tickets to a show of your choice at the National Theatre on the South Bank this summer!
Located on London’s South Bank, next to the river, the National Theatre is the perfect destination to see some of the summer’s hottest theatre. Its three air-conditioned auditoriums offer a fantastic range of shows to choose from, seven days a week. And there’s plenty more to enjoy at the National Theatre, with riverside restaurants and bars, backstage tours suitable for all the family, a choice of shopping, and much more. You can also take in an extra performance before or after the show as part of Watch This Space, the free festival of outdoor theatre and entertainment which runs all summer long.
We have teamed up with the National Theatre to offer six of our readers the chance to win a pair of tickets to any of these hit productions:
The Habit of Art
Following the success of The History Boys, Alan Bennett’s latest smash hit is set in a rehearsal room at the National Theatre, where the actors are rehearsing a new play about the poet W H Auden and the composer Benjamin Britten. The Habit of Art is a warm and funny reflection on growing old, creativity and inspiration.
You may also want to watch:
Toby Stephens takes the title role in this exhilarating political thriller by Georg Buchner, set at the climax of the French Revolution as the guillotine awaits. Michael Grandage, the Artistic Director of the Donmar Warehouse, makes his National Theatre debut directing this epic new production.
Welcome to Thebes
- 1 Stevenage's annual fireworks display returns on Bonfire Night - November 5
- 2 Closure order granted after drug-related crime and anti-social behaviour
- 3 Victim kicked repeatedly in Hitchin early hours attack
- 4 5 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Hertfordshire
- 5 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 6 Surprise signing Adam Smith happy to get back into training and playing with Stevenage
- 7 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 8 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 9 Man sentenced for string of sexual offences in Stevenage
- 10 How well do you know Letchworth? Take our quiz to find out
This blackly comic new play is set in the present day, and inspired by ancient myth. The new female leader of a war-torn nation in West Africa promises peace to her people, but without the help of the leader of the wealthy state of Athens, she doesn’t stand a chance. A fantastic ensemble cast is led by David Harewood and Nikki Amuka-Bird.
Find out all about what’s happening at the National Theatre this summer at nationaltheatre.org.uk