Win a tickets to see An Ideal Husband at Vaudeville Theatre
This glittering, highly-acclaimed new production of Oscar Wilde’s brilliant An Ideal Husband is a story of morality, blackmail and political corruption.
Characterized by Wilde’s biting wit and sparkling humour, the play is also a tender hearted portrait of a marriage.
Sir Robert Chiltern (Alexander Hanson), a highly successful government minister, finds his reputation, career and marriage to the loving but idealistic Lady Chiltern (Rachael Stirling) threatened by the arrival of the mysterious Mrs Cheveley (Samantha Bond). Confronted with a damning secret from his past, Sir Robert turns for help to his friend, Lord Goring (Elliot Cowan) an apparently idle philanderer, who himself has a history with Mrs Cheveley.
Can this dandified philosopher save his friend from ruin?
And will Lady Chiltern be able to reconcile the man she loves with her expectations of An Ideal Husband?
*If you would like to see this gripping performance, then just enter our competition. We have got six pairs of tickets to give away.
Vaudeville Theatre, The Strand, WC2R 0NH
- 1 11-year-old left with facial injuries after Stevenage dog attack
- 2 Ashbottom Close 'altercation' leaves man in his 20s with serious injuries
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 5 Ford Focus and Vauxhall Insignia crash on A602 Stevenage Road
- 6 Red panda Tilly gives birth to ‘miracle’ cub at Paradise Wildlife Park one month after passing of partner Nam Pang
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Village football club premises gets facelift thanks to bank staff
- 10 Scoring late makes it feel better than it is says Evans after Boro's late draw
Until 26 February
Box Office: 0844 412 4663