Win a family ticket to the Cambridgeshire County Show
- Credit: Archant
We have five family tickets (two adults, two children) to give away to the Cambridgeshire County Show which is taking place on Sunday June 2 2013.
The Cambridgeshire County Show was first held in 1998 and this year it is celebrating its 14th anniversary. Unfortunately two years were missed, 2001 due to the Foot and Mouth outbreak and 2012 due to adverse weather conditions. The show has evolved from being the traditional annual Young Farmers Rally to become one of the most successful one day agricultural events in the County. The show is organised by a small volunteer committee of past and present members of the Cambridgeshire Federation of Young Farmers’ Clubs. Each year the committee’s aim is to create a traditional country event which promotes British food and farming, provides visitors with an insight into countryside crafts and creates an arena for young farmers to demonstrate their skills in a variety of competitions and activities.
Throughout the day, visitors can enjoy a range of main ring displays including sheepdogs and falconry and the return of the Welsh Axemen. We are delighted to welcome the ever popular sheep show which will be performing throughout the day in the livestock area where you will also be able to get close to various breeds. There is a large variety of trade stands, a craft marquee and food hall to enjoy as well as country crafts, including thatching and wood turning, and a traditional fairground.
The organisers strive to make the day as interesting and enjoyable as possible to ensure a really great family day out; we do hope that you will join us at Wimpole Home Farm near Royston for the show.
To be in with a chance of winning a family ticket please answer the following question via our online form:
You may also want to watch:
When was the first Cambridgeshire County Show?
- 1 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 2 Oh baby! Family's disbelief after welcoming 'enormous' newborn
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 Free parking in Stevenage High Street will remain
- 5 Man charged with robbery after being tracked down by PD Luther
- 6 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 7 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 8 Man charged in connection with newsagent robbery
- 9 Hotel apologises after losing crucial CCTV
- 10 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
Click the link in the top right hand corner of the page to enter the competition.
The competition closes on May 29 2013. The winners will be chosen at random from all the correct entries received before this date. There is no cash alternative and no correspondence will be entered into.
Wimpole Home Farm