Wilson says Boro will ‘rise to occasion’ at Spurs
Boro winger named Man of the Match in Sunday’s draw at the Lamex Stadium
Lawrie Wilson says Boro will rise to the occasion when Stevenage travel to White Hart Lane for their FA Cup Fifth Round replay with Spurs.
Wilson was named man of the match in Sunday’s game in which Boro held their illustrious Premier League opponents on a bobbly pitch at the Lamex Stadium.
Speaking afterwards the flying winger said Boro will thrive under the pressure of taking on Spurs in the replay, which has been provisionally booked in for Wednesday, March 7.
“We’ve come here today and we had a gameplan. We stuck to it and we ended up getting a result out of it,” Wilson told The Comet.
You may also want to watch:
“[The pitch] was very bobbly, but the groundstaff have done the best they can over the time where it’s been snowing and they did a good job. We had a gameplan, we tried sticking to it and [Spurs playing it long at times] played into our hands a bit.
“The boys have worked their absolute socks off to get a draw and a clean sheet and I’m sure the boys will all rise to the occasion [at Spurs]. We like the pressure.”
- 1 Multiple cars involved in A1(M) collision
- 2 Box Wood: 42 acres of ancient woodland sold at auction
- 3 Resident with disabilities 'embarrassed' after council disposes of wheelchair
- 4 Letchworth and Baldock Sergeant set to retire after two decades in Herts
- 5 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 6 Mum's disability disco after son's left nowhere to go
- 7 Bowling alley refurb celebrated in Hollywood style
- 8 Stevenage in UK's top 25 for community spirit
- 9 Council leader speaks out after terrifying harassment incident at her home
- 10 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire